The issue of unemployment has grown to become a problem faced by the country as a whole. It is become increasingly difficult for individuals to make ends meet because of this same unemployment issue. Most unemployed individuals are aware of the fact that they could start businesses of their own, most people even have great ideas that could fetch them a lot of money, but the problem that arises at such point is how to raise the capital/fund to kick start the business. Although, you might be gainfully employed but interested in having a business of your own.
There are quite a number of businesses one could start with little or no capital. However, the first thing you should consider before kick starting a business is the market research ,find out how many people will be interested in your product or service, identify your prospective customers. Then, get into the business plan, draft out your plan for your business in order to be on the right track. The business plan should consist of your start-up investment plans, advertising plans, product costs and procedures. Most businesses could be done at the comfort of your home.
Here are a number of businesses you could consider;
- Fish farming. This is fast becoming a big one. I’m sure we’ve heard the consumption of fish is healthier, and everyone wants to live healthy, this reason alone could make one make a lot of money from the business. To get started, get fingerlings and feed them rightly, by the time they grow, you could make a good amount of money out of it.
- Fashion and tailoring services. Fashion is a fast growing trend amongst individuals. A lot of people, if not everybody, want to look gorgeous. As a fashion designer, you should be creative with styles, the more creative you are, the more your customers will be.
- Poultry farming. Eggs gotten from birds could be sold, and we all know eggs are more or less a necessity in a home. The birds could also be sold, that’s if they are healthy and well fed.
- Restaurant. Everybody needs food, its part of life. A restaurant could be considered if you are a good cook. Most working class individuals have no time to cook or they are too tired to do so, they patronize restaurant quite well. You can involve baking of cakes and making of small chops. The business could start off in your house. A good packaging will help.
- Laundry services. Most individuals have busy schedules, even on weekends. Laundry services are being patronized by them. The business could kick start in your home, you could include delivery services which will attract extra charges. The way you take care of your customers’ wears will determine if they will patronize you again.
- Day care. This isn’t so popular yet, but I’m sure it will soon. It’s a quite profitable business. A busy person can’t refuse to have a child just because of her busy schedules. If you have an extra room in your house and also love children, you could take this into consideration. Most people are more comfortable in having their kids in n homely environment.
- Consultancy services. You can basically consult on anything. Just think of that skill that you possess, it could be in the area of media legal, education, marriage counselling, etc. Educate yourself more on that special skill and you’re good to go.
- Computer training. A good knowledge of computer will be very useful. You might be a graduate of Computer Science and unemployed, please don’t wait for that company to invite you for an interview, impact your knowledge in others, at a cost of course. Recently, I heard that Computer Science/Engineering is the “in thing” now.
- Real estate agency. You need no capital for this. Your job is just to find suitable properties for individuals who need them and get paid by the owner/seller of the property. You can also become a property manager to clients, which would attract extra income. The real estate agency is more of getting properties for clients and getting clients for property owners.
- Music lessons. If you have the knowledge of music and/or instruments, this could be the one for you. Most people enroll for learning instruments such as the keyboard, saxophone, guitar, etc. even if the parents don’t have such time luxury, they enroll their children and pay well.
Other businesses you could consider are;
- Cyber café
- Beauty salon
- Wedding planner
- Recharge cards
- Rental services